Southwest Geotechnical Conference Wrapup
- Micropile Underpinning of US 69 Bridge over Kansas River by Jim Brennan, Assistant State Geotechnical Engineer, Kansas Department of Transportation
- Case Histories of Roadway Projects using Tiebacks, Soil Nails, Drilled Shafts and Micropiles by Ron Chapman, Schnabel Foundation Company
- Banjo Bill Rock Catchment Basins – Sedona, Arizona by Tom Armour, President of DBM Contractors, Inc.
- Devil’s Slide Repair and Tunnel Bypass by Grant Wilcox, Geology Branch Chief, Office of Geotechnical Design West, Caltrans
- Dowd Junction Slide (Colorado) by Ben Arndt, Yeh and Associates
- Polyurethane Resin – One more trick in the rock stabilization tool bag by Matt DeMarco, FHWA Central Federal Lands Highway Division
- Using LiDar Laser Scanning for Geotechnical Characterization in Rock – Nick Priznar, ADOT (and co-presenters)
Exhibitors and Networking
- Meeting Scott Deaton, President of Dataforensics and seeing their PLog software for field data collection in action
- Speaking with Dennis Poland with Anderson Drilling, comparing notes about getting excited about natural disasters!
- Speaking with George Ford of AIS Construction – the guys with the walking excavators that work on some insane slopes!
- Finding GFC-West (Nick Andrews) – the licensed geopier designer and installer for Arizona (they also do Chance helical anchors and GeoBase dynamic subgrade improvement for slab on grade)
- Meeting Aaron Thomas and Kevin Wilson with Case Foundation Phoenix office and comparing notes on their boss, Todd Dustin (only good things of course!)
- Putting faces to names for a few colleagues and contacts from various projects etc.
And of course catching up with friend, colleagues and clients!