Written by Randy Post
Tuesday, 13 February 2007 09:51
Available XML / RSS News Feeds on GeoPrac.net
- GeoPrac.net Headlines - (same feed as the buttons on the left!) - All the latest stuff from GeoPrac.net!
- Latest GeoNews - The latest industry news and important announcements regarding this website.
- Latest Articles - The latest articles published here on all manner of geo-related topics.
- Comment Feeds - Want to follow the trail of comments on a particular Article or GeoNews item? Look for the RSS Icon near the bottom of the post.
What is RSS?
RSS (or Really Simple Syndication) is a cool
technology that allows you to get news headlines delivered directly to
your desktop. Many Web sites, including GeoPrac.net, provide RSS feeds
that contain article headlines, summaries and links back to full-text
articles. You view these feeds on a news aggregator that you either
download separately or use within your browser. For example, when we
publish GeoNews sotires on our site, your aggregator shows the
headline of the story and a brief blurb, both of which are clickable
back to the full version of the story.
What do I need to use RSS?
To start using RSS, you need a special news aggregator that displays RSS content
feeds from Web sites you select. There are many different aggregators
available, many of which are free of charge. Most are available as
desktop software that you download and install on your computer. Also,
some browsers offer RSS integration, such as FireFox and Safari.
Click a link below to get an RSS aggregator or to learn how you can take advantage of RSS within your browser.
Once you have set up your news aggregator, you simply subscribe to the RSS content feeds you want.
How can I sign up to RSS feeds from GeoPrac?
- Pick a news aggregator or learn how to use your browser's built in RSS/XML functionality.
- After installing your RSS aggregator, click on one of the orange buttons near the top of this article, or use one of the buttons in the left column depending on your interests.
- Each aggregator has different instructions so follow the prompts offered by your RSS reader to complete the subscription.
- Use your aggregator to read news when it arrives and click headline links to get the full Web page.
Can I Get Updates Via Email Instead?
Absolutely! Use the form below to subscribe to our "GeoPrac.net Headlines" feed via your email. It's powered by FeedBurner.com. Currently we don't have email subscriptions for the other feeds, but if you're interested, let us know.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 June 2009 08:15