A magnitude 7.2 earthquake in the Baja region of Mexico on April 4, 2010 (Easter Sunday) caused significant damage in the towns of Mexicali and Calexico and was felt as far away as Phoenix, San Diego and Los Angeles. Here are several new articles and blog posts on the event.
- Information on Baja California earthquake, April 4, 2010 – Arrowsmith blog
- Magnitude 7.2 – BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO – USGS
- M 7.2 Earthquake: Baja California, Mexico | Geology.com
- Sierra El Mayor (Baja) quake rupture is 28 km long, with 2.5 m offsets – Arizona Geology Blog
- At quake’s epicenter, water gurgled from ground – The Associated Press
- Quake Victims Surprised Damage Wasn’t Worse : NPR
- Powerful Baja quake less devastating than Haiti – The Associated Press