- This event has passed.
2022 Virtual Loss Prevention Seminar
January 29 @ 8:00 am – 12:00 pm PST
Virtual Loss Prevention Seminar
Only offered once a year, this is your chance to get your field technicians, inspectors, and engineers up-to-date and earn four (4) hours of ICC preferred provider approved professional development!
Our 2021 Virtual Loss Prevention Seminar was such a success, we’ve decided to keep the virtual format to save you all some precious Saturday morning drive-time. This event will only be held ONCE on Saturday, January 29, 2022.
We’ll keep it interesting with a break each hour to stretch your legs and the chance to win some fun raffle prizes. You must be present online to win!
Topics for 2022:
- Quality Control Testing for Soil Stabilization Project. Presented by Don Greb, PE, Griffin Soil. Don Greb is the Principal Engineer at Griffin Soil Group, located in Stockton, CA. Mr. Greb is a licensed engineer and contractor who has been involved in roadway design, transportation, and construction.
- Mr. Greb’s presentation will open with a definition of soil stabilization and address reagent types, applications and uses (including temporary working platforms), and constructions steps (including equipment involved).
- The bulk of his presentation will address testing in the design phase, testing in the construction phase, and several production field tests.
- His presentation will conclude with the Top 10 takeaways.
- Drilled Pier Quality Control & Safety. Presented by Ravi Vedantham, PE (CA, WA), Condon-Johnson Associates. Ravi Vedantham has 18+ yrs of domestic and international experience and currently works as Engineering Manager at Condon-Johnson Associates in Oakland, CA. He has worked on a wide variety of projects including rail/transit, highway infrastructure projects, public, private, and commercial projects across the United States.
- Mr. Vedantham’s presentation will focus on discussion on Drilled Pier Design and Construction procedures.
- It will also address Quality Control Methodologies and their importance during the installation of drilled shafts.
- His presentation will conclude with safety requirements and consideration of the contractor’s viewpoint.
- Trench Backfill – It’s not as easy as you think! Presented by Neal Berliner, Geocon.
- Mr. Berliner’s presentation will address the following problem and its solutioning: Trench backfill can be far more complicated than you think. Improperly placed bedding, shading, and backfill materials can result in utility pipe failure as well as subsidence and distress to overlying improvements.
- Shoring Quality Control & Safety. Presented by Schnabel
- More information TBA!
Each presentation will be approximately 45-minutes with time for questions for the speaker. We will allow for a short break and come back for some fun raffle prizes!
$100 Member rate
$250 Non-Member rate. Are you still not a CalGeo Member? Check out our membership options HERE. Individual rates start at $150/year and if your company joins, all employees become members!
Sponsorships Available! $400 Sponsor rate (includes one registration) – Secure a 5-min slot to introduce yourself, tell the audience about your new product, service, and/or technology and help us give away some fun raffle prizes. Click the registration link below to sponsor.