- Clean-Up Continues At Scott Township Landslide Site Near Greentree Road – Source kdka.com
- Geo-Florida 2010 Papers posted | Dan Brown and Associates, PLLC
- Landslide Caused by Oversalting a Parking Lot? | Geology.com
This is the landslide in Pittsburgh that was reportedly caused by a plugged storm drain.
- Driven Piles for New Orleans Levee Projects Wrap Up – Source Dan Brown and Associates, PLLC
- Professor Ralph Peck’s Legacy Website – Source Geoengineer.org
- New wells proposed to reduce earthquake risks in downtown San Bernadino, California – Source San Bernardino County Sun via ASCE SmartBrief
- I-10 Freeway connector closed by landslide may reopen this week – Source The Orange County Register
- Coal Ash Keeps Green Status, But Regulating It Will Cost – Source ENR: Engineering News Record
- I-10/57 freeway connector reopens after landslide related closure – Source The Orange County Register
This is after about two and a half weeks and some $2M in landslide remediation. Back in February the same area was closed after a larger landslide. That fix cost CALTRANS over $3M.
- Residents seek reassurance in wake of deadly Quebec landslide – Source The Globe and Mail
This article reviews some other major landslides in Quebec. Apparently there have been at least 4 major landslides in the area in the past 100 years not counting the recent St. Jude slide.
- Devil’s Slide tunnel is TBM Magazine’s April cover story – Source Tunnel Business Online
- Mount St. Helens 30th Anniversary – Source USGS Release
- On a Yosemite cliff, listening â€” UC Berkeley College of Engineering
- Evacuations start amid fears of Pakistan landslide lake burst – Source Reuters
The lake forming behind a landslide blockage of the Hunza River in Pakistan is nearing its crest. The Pakistan Army had been working on excavating a spillway, but that work has ceased and apparently evacuations have been called for as the crest of the lake is becoming imminent. Dave’s Landslide blog is the place to go for info on this slide. He’s been monitoring it and posting it on his blog and he is widely cited in the media coverage of this issue. He also recently posted his presentation given to the Pakistani government after a visit to the site.
- Picturesque Photo of the FrontRunner Light Rail Extension using EPS Geofoam – Source ACH Foam Technologies’ Facebook Page
- The final spillway at the Attabad landslide – Source Dave’s Landslide Blog
- Over 20 mudlsides have occurred in wake of Tennesse flooding – Source The Tennessean via USGS Recent Landslides
- Presentations Posted, GeoFlorida and More! – Source Dan Brown and Associates, PLLC
- APWA celebrates 50th anniversary of National Public Works Week – Source CE News