On Saturday, a 7.1 Magnitude Earthquake struck in New Zealand, centered around the City of Christchurch. There was significant damage, but luckily only two serious injuries were reported and no fatalities.
- Photos: Damage from New Zealand Earthquake – Source: Geology.com
- Amazing New Zealand Earthquake – Source: Ontario-geofish
- Buildings collapse, 2 injured in powerful NZ quake – Source: Yahoo! News
- Canterbury New Zealand M7.2 earthquake Sept. 4 2010 – Source: Arrowsmith blog
- Magnitude 7.0 – SOUTH ISLAND OF NEW ZEALAND – Source: USGS
- New Zealand quake hits beer supplies at major brewery – Source: AFP
- New Zealand Earthquake Visualized in Google Earth – Source: Mashable.com
- GeoNet article: Sep 7 2010 – Darfield earthquake damages Canterbury – Source: GeoNet
GeoNet is an organization that exists to operate a geological hazard monitoring system for New Zeland.
- Slideshow – Earthquake shakes New Zealand – Source: Reuters