- Pemberton to consider landslide monitoring – Source: Pique newsmagazine
One month after the second biggest landslide in Canadian history, Pemberton is ready to consider a warning system.
- Hudson Tunnel Project May Be at Risk, Some Fear – Source: NYTimes.com via ASCE SmartBrief
- A new Las Vegas company says it plans to change the way the world paves and fixes asphalt roads – Source: LVRJ.com via AGC SmartBrief
Phoenix Materials Technologies will use rubber from ground-up tires to build safer, longer-lasting and quieter roads, Chief Executive Officer Steven Garber told the Nevada Commission on Economic Development on Tuesday.
- Flooding and landslides from typhoon kill 54 in China, dozens still missing – Source: Washington Examiner
- Geotechnical risk management approach pioneered at Namibian mine being adopted across the globe – Source: Mining Weekly
- San Bruno gas line blast: Microbial induced corrosion considered a posible cause – Source: SFGate.com via AGC SmartBrief
- Largest-ever Deep Soil-mixing Project – Source: National Driller
- 3,000 Quake-hit homeowners in New Zeland await decisions on whether they can rebuild
- Train carrying milk strikes landslide in New Zeland – Source: Stuff.co.nz
- Three landslide-induced railway incidents in a single day – Source: Dave’s Landslide Blog
- Black Rock Canyon Mine begins field tests of geotextile tubes for tailings dewatering – Source: Geosynthetics Magazine
- What is a Debris Flow? Definition, Videos, Pictures, Maps – Source: Geology.com
Very nice introductory/overview information of Debris Flows.
- Are We Running Out of Optimal Coal? – Source: Geology.com
- Levee along Wisconsin River fails; extent of possible flooding unkown – Source: CNN.com via ASCE SmartBrief