- Hopes are pinned on the Cotswold Geotechnical Holdings case clarifying the scope of the Corporate Manslaughter Act – Source: HR Magazine (UK)
- Seismicity Induced by Geothermal, Oil and Gas, CO2 Sequestration – Source: Geology.com
- Clark GeoTechnical, Inc. – Geology and Geologic Hazards
- 2 remaining Washington SR 99 bid teams are offered $230M in tunnel sweeteners – Source: Seattle Times Newspaper via CE News
- Successful Drill Rig Operator’s School – Source: National Driller
- Colorado River Bridge Rivals Hoover Dam as Marvel – Source: NYTimes.com
- Strata, Allan Block in new marketing agreement – Source: Geosynthetics Magazine
Segmental retaining wall block manufacturer Allan Block and geogrid manufacturer Strata Systems have entered a cooperative marketing agreement.
- Geologic hazards in Zion Park, nearby areas, focus of study – Source: The Salt Lake Tribune
- China’s Three Gorges Dam reaches milestone of maximum capacity – Source: The Canadian Press via ASCE SmartBrief
- Climate change could throw rail network off track – Source: BusinessGreen.com
A study in the Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology predicts embankments and cuttings will be increasingly susceptible to floods and landslides caused by wetter winters and warmer summers.