Here are some interesting stories that have been piling up since I got back from vacation last week. Read carefully, there are some gems in here.
- Abolish Geology? – Source: Ed Medley
- Seattle developer wants to investigate possible use of geotextile bags to construct artificial reef to prevent flooding of proposed development – Source: The Daily World via Geosynthetica.net News
- New York City Marks Final Stage of Mining to Extend No. 7 Line – Source: WSJ.com via AGC SmartBrief
- Scientists to create the most detailed map of California coastline ever assembled – Source: San Jose Mercury News via ASCE SmartBrief
- Firefighting likely caused Oregon landslide – Source: Daily Journal of Commerce
- Mitigation of SR87 landslide continues – Source: Arizona Geology Blog
- Work starts on first tunnel for new south approach for Golden Gate Bridge – Source: ContraCostaTimes.com via ASCE SmartBrief
- TenCate Doubles Its Profit in the First Half of 2010
- India’s $100 billion (US$) highway investment – Source: Geosynthetics Magazine
- Traffic Cameras for Roadway Monitoring and Management – Source: EarthCam.net via Roads and Bridges Magazine
Cool hardware and software system for monitoring of roadway and other construction projects.
And about 20 more! Click through for the rest.