- The International Society of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE) has established European Technical Committee 10 (ETC10) to "evaluate the geotechnical design process covered by Eurocode 7 by carrying out a number of design examples". Press release via Geoengineer.org.
- A new sensible approach: Are we specifying action leakage rates or actionable leakage rates? Geosyntheticsmagazine.com | September 2, 2009
Google Earth is indispensable for geologic mapping. from Geologic Froth blog.
German Geothermal Project Leads to Second Thoughts After the Earth Rumbles– New York Times via ASCESmartBrief/Wolfgang Fritz (thanks Wolfgang!)
- That sinking feeling: World’s deltas subsiding, says study – AP article via Geoengineer.org
- National Driller Magazine – Foundations Report Newsletter for September 24
- Osterberg Load Cell Takes Gerwick Award
- City Creek Center Development, Salt Lake City – Earth retention project performed by Nicholson Construction
- Geotechnical Construction Work Gets Underway at Auxiliary Dam in California – CareerStructure.com
- Devil’s Slide Bypass Tunnels Halfway There – KTVU.com
- Utah Geologic "Survey Notes" – Septemer 24, 2009 via Geology.com
- TVA says ash spill cleanup on track – Price for project, disposal changes could reach $3B – The Tennessean.com