- Geology meets archaeology: ancient Mediterranean harbours – Through The Sandglass Blog
- Drilling to stabilise mines | Ipswich News | Local News in Ipswich | Ipswich Queensland Times
- N.C. residents awaiting cleanup after landslide :: WRAL.com
- Landslide neighborhood homeowners look for support from lawmakers | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News
- Feds plan landslide sensors in San Rafael’s Lucas Valley – ContraCostaTimes.com
- Subsidence sends home insurance quotes soaring – The Observer (UK) – Geology.com
One homeowner’s story about high insurance premiums and other problems after a 1989 insurance claim related to ground subsidence which was subsequently fixed by underpinning.
- Geotechnical and engineering geology work begins to determine the causes of the Naches landslide in Eastern Washington – SeattleTimes.com
- Haiti earthquake only moved half the fault – USATODAY.com
- Missouri S&T students help reconstruct geologic history of the Nile – MST.edu
- Update to RockWorks 15 – Rockware Support Forum
- State of emergency declared following Sicilian landslide – timesofmalta.com
- F3 drill begins – Singleton Argus
Geotechnical drilling for a new Australian highway over an area of past underground mining.
- Global Demand for Geosynthetics to Reach 6.9 Billion Square Yards by 2015, According to New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc. – PRWeb.com
- How high do GPS satellites orbit? Answer: Really, really high.
Check out their "scale" drawing to get a physical sense. But the answer is over 20,000-km above the earth which explains why your GPS can see so many of them at one time.
- The newest Google Earth imagery is sometimes ‘historical’ – Google Earth Blog
This is interesting. Apparently Google selects the best quality imagery for an area for display in Google Earth. This may not always be the most recent imagery.
- Automated Tiltmeter Monitoring Of Bridge Response To Compaction Grouting | resources.carboceramics.com
- FoSSA 2.0 Update 17 available – ADAMA Software
- Palisades Contract Awarded for NJ Mass Transit Tunnel – TBM Magazine
- Volcanic Dome Collapse at Soufriere Hills | Geology.com
- Final segment of immersed tunnel floated into place on Tyne River in Wallsend, Newcastle, UK – Ground Engineering (GE) Magazine | Geotechnical news
- BC, Canada Landslide lawsuit tossed – Homeowner’s failure to disclose 20-year old geotechnical report ruled innocent error – Canada.com
- California SR-710 Tunnel Draft Geotechnical Summary Report – CALTRANS, 710tunnelstudy.com
- Oakland geotechnical and seismic experts research Haiti earthquake – San Francisco Business Times:
- State DEP report says longwall mining caused subsidence at dam – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette – Geology.com
- GEO5 Redi Rock Wall program with option ‘Analyses according to LRFD (Load and Resistance Factor Design)’ has been released – Geoengineer.org Press Center
- Obama’s nuclear power push faces obstacle: Waste – CNN.com – Geology.com
- First of three Robbins EPB TBMs Headed to Mexico City – TBM Magazine
- Landslide Blocks 10 Freeway Transition Road – KTLA
- Landslide near Interstate 10 in Pomona still moving | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times
- GPS controlled compaction equipment – New Civil Engineer
- Impressive roadside landslide in Pomona, California – Dave’s Landslide Blog