- M 6.5 Offshore California Earthquake | Geology.com
- Crews probe Yakima River to design bridge – Mid-Columbia News | Tri-City Herald : Mid-Columbia news
- Work is under way after two sinkholes close section of U.S. 27 in Florida – NewsChief.com
- City of Ottowa approves functinal design of new metro tunnel system – Ontario-geofish
- 114-pages pdf guide named ‘A Gentle Introduction to GIS’ produced by Tim Sutton – Slashgeo
- GeoDetect launched in North American market – Geosynthetics – Geosynthetics Magazine
- ArcGIS 9.4 Renamed to ArcGIS 10 and ArcGIS 10 Planned Improvements [updated] – Slashgeo
- Dredging up a good use for tunnel waste – Shields Gazette – iCivilEngineer
- kcICON project moving along – see it on Facebook and YouTube | Dan Brown and Associates, LLC
- Arizona bill proposes seismic monitoring for illegal activity – Arizona Geology Blog
- Twitter Earthquake Detection from the USGS – Arizona Geology Blog
This post describes a new official USGS Twitter account trying to track tweets related to earthquakes. Excellent idea, we’ll have to see how well it works. I’ve tried something similar, and if you’re not careful you end up with stuff like "i’m so hungry, my stomach growled and it felt like an earthquake" etc. It’s a challenge to filter out the common stuff like that.
- Detailed information and amazing images of the catastrophic Attabad (Atabad or Atta Abad) landslide in Hunza, Pakistan – Dave’s Landslide Blog
- Dave’s Landslide Blog: The 2009 fatal landslide map and statistics
Dave keeps statistics on fatal landslides around the world, this is his 2009 summary.
- Panasonic announce World’s first integrated twin-lens Full HD 3D camcorder
Of course, at $21K (US), it’s not quite ready for mainstream yet! But maybe in a couple years the cost will come down some.
- Geographical agency’s Earth movement analysis assists Haiti rescuers – Nextgov
- HeraldNet: Does insurance cover landslides? Probably not
- Landslide blocks westbound Highway 18 at West Valley Freeway – Breaking News – The Olympian – Olympia, Washington
- Long road to Caldecott fourth bore ends Wednesday with groundbreaking – ContraCostaTimes.com