- Massive Flood Hits Nashville – CE News
- Taiwan No.3 Freeway cleared after landslide but still 20 days to reopening – Taiwan News Online
- EPA Moves on Proposed New Rule For Coal Ash – ENR: Engineering News Record
- Construction for fourth bore in Caldecott Tunnel is underway – abc7news.com
- EPA ash pond options include closing, liners – courier-journal.com
- ADSC Foundation Drilling Magazine – February 2010
- Drilling Crews in Washington Sought Cherries, Got the Pits – ENR: Engineering News Record
‘Project managers are struggling with how to remove “Rainier,” a tunnel-boring machine that is stuck 330 ft underground since last year. Until the rig is moved, the area’s $1.8-billion Brightwater treatment plant can’t be finished.’
- LIDAR topography of El Mayor – Cucapah earthquake region – Arizona Geology Blog
- Design and Construction Challenges at the kcICON Bridge – Dan Brown and Associates
An article by Dan Brown on the foundations of this massive cable stayed bridge over the Missouri River.
- Snap To Roads – GPS navigation may not be as accurate as you think – GPS Review
This is a nice, short article describing how most commercial GPS navigation units take your actual position reported by the satellites, and assume that you are on the nearest road, even if your actual coordinates show you slightly off the road. Not a huge deal in my book, but something to keep in the back of your mind.
- How to Survive a Tsunami – Geology.com
They have a link to a neat multimedia presentation put together by Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute on how Tsunamis occur and how to survive one.
- ESRI ArcGIS iPhone API Public Beta Available and First Impressions – Slashgeo
Apparently we will soon be seeing iPhone apps that can connect up to ArcGIS servers.
- High Flows in Tennessee Rivers Estimated (5/6/2010 10:41:44 AM) – USGS Release
- Contract Signed for US$2.3m Risk Reduction Project – Jamaica Information Service
- Officials look to Mississippi River to help in oil-spill fight – USATODAY.com – Via ASCE SmartBrief
- Clogged Sewer To Blame For Scott Township (PA) Landslide – WTAE Pittsburgh
- Geostationary GPS Satellite Galaxy 15 Out of Control – Slashdot
- Geosynthetics world hails new coal-ash regulations – Geosynthetics
To say that the geosynthetics industry is happy about the recent EPA regulations is probably an understatement.