Eurofins Case Study: ESdat Online and ESdat Lab Portal
The Eurofins Field Services Groundwater team conducts compliance monitoring on behalf of various Victorian Landfill operators.
New analytical results from the Eurofins lab and secondary labs were combined into spreadsheets containing ongoing and historical data on behalf of the landfill operators. This was a time consuming, labour intensive process. Uncontrolled, ‘hand-me-down’ spreadsheets can also introduce or hide critical errors.
Eurofins has adopted ESdat Online and the ESdat Lab Portal to replace the historic spreadsheets in order to increase efficiency and accuracy, and provide the landfill operators with direct access to their consolidated historical results through a web interface.
ESdat Online allows tabular comparison of results against regulatory licence conditions, graphing of time series data and plotting on maps. Data can be rapidly filtered across date ranges and locations to focus on specific data of interest. Lab and field quality control validation tools allow users to confirm the suitability of the data for interpretation.
Being web-based, Eurofins and their clients can log in and view data at any time, removing the need to share spreadsheets or track who has which version.
Eurofins has also adopted the ESdat Lab Portal to simplify the administration of lab reports across an increasing number of clients.
The ESdat Lab Portal allows laboratories to:
- view laboratory reports that have been uploaded for each client
- view the lab report status (approved or rejected), and
- purchase laboratory reports on behalf of the client for use in ESdat Online
This removes the requirement for Eurofins to log into each client’s account in order to administer lab reports.
Adopting ESdat Online and the ESdat Lab Portal has provided tangible benefits to Eurofins and their clients, including:
- Streamlined lab report management across multiple clients
- Efficient & accurate processing & reporting of field & lab data
- Rapid interpretation of data & identification of compliance breeches
- Hassle free data-sharing amongst stakeholders