Sorry for the delay on the summary of the third and final day of the Earth Retention 2010 conference. I kind of hit the ground running when I got back to Tucson with both work and family. Here goes my summary.
I wanted to acknowledge the ongoing support of all of my GeoPrac.net sponsors. It is because of them that I was able to attend the ER2010 conference and hopefully provide some useful coverage and info […]
The conference team did a great job setting up a fantastic field demo at a King County Maintenance Yard. The President of local geotechnical contractor DBM, Tom Armour was one of the people instrumental in […]
Day 2 of Earth Retention 3 started off with a presentation on AASHTO LRFD for earth retaining structures presented by my boss Naresh Samtani and his co-author, Paul Sabatini. It was a nice overview for […]
China has been getting pounded recently by heavy rains and flooding. Here are a few stories I’ve come across in this department. Three Gorges Dam flooding turns deadly; dozens missing in China – Source: CSMonitor.com […]
Here are some interesting stories that have been piling up since I got back from vacation last week. Read carefully, there are some gems in here.
- Abolish Geology? – Source: Ed Medley
- Seattle developer wants to investigate possible use of geotextile bags to construct artificial reef to prevent flooding of proposed development – Source: The Daily World via Geosynthetica.net News
- New York City Marks Final Stage of Mining to Extend No. 7 Line – Source: WSJ.com via AGC SmartBrief
- Scientists to create the most detailed map of California coastline ever assembled – Source: San Jose Mercury News via ASCE SmartBrief
- Firefighting likely caused Oregon landslide – Source: Daily Journal of Commerce
- Mitigation of SR87 landslide continues – Source: Arizona Geology Blog
- Work starts on first tunnel for new south approach for Golden Gate Bridge – Source: ContraCostaTimes.com via ASCE SmartBrief
- TenCate Doubles Its Profit in the First Half of 2010
- India’s $100 billion (US$) highway investment – Source: Geosynthetics Magazine
- Traffic Cameras for Roadway Monitoring and Management – Source: EarthCam.net via Roads and Bridges Magazine
Cool hardware and software system for monitoring of roadway and other construction projects.
And about 20 more! Click through for the rest.