I flag tons of interesting news items over the course of a week. I usually like to summarize the article when I post about it and maybe add a photo or embed a video or something. But I don’t have nearly enough time to post everything I find. So I’m starting a (roughly) weekly post I’ll call my Weekend Catch-Up-Post or CUP for short. In these posts, I’ll simply present a bulleted list of news items I didn’t have time to write about. Enjoy!
Did that headline catch your eye too? Here are a few interesting links I didn’t get to blogging about…including that little gem from Norway. Be careful if you are doing fondue for V-Day! Shaner Industries’ […]
Devil’s Slide tunnels not ready yet – Source: SFGate Whats the difference between Geological Engineering and Geology? – Source: College Confidential Full Speed Ahead – Source: Tunnel Business Magazine TBM Arrives in Indy for Deep […]
Peat stabilization earns Hayward Baker Project of the Year honors – Source: Hayward Baker China landslide buries school in Yunnan province – Source: BBC News Digging the World’s Widest Tunnel Under Downtown Seattle – Source: […]
It was a hectic summer it seems, less time for blogging than I would have liked. So here are some interesting geo-news items I didn’t have time to blog about. Geotechnical investigation for Flower Creek […]
The winners of the 2012 Ground Engineering Awards have now been unveiled – Source: Ground Engineering Magazine Mountain of a fight: TDOT uses novel engineering on I-75 project – Source: Knoxville News Sentinel Contractor Nails […]
Here’s a collection of some interesting geoengineering content from around the web that I didn’t get a chance to blog about. Enjoy.
- Atlas Copco to Distribute Hütte Crawler Drills in U.S. – Source: TBM: ENews
- Most excavation work completed on UT SR-14 – Source: thespectrum.com
- Bay Area’s 10 biggest highway improvement projects – Source: KTVU
- 52nd Rankine Lecture – Performance-based design in geotechnical engineering – Source: CPD Lectures and ICE via AEG LinkedIn
- Delays through Boulder Canyon continue Tuesday after rockfalls – Source: The Denver Post via USGS Landslide Events
- Worst Tennessee slope failure in decades on I-75 – Source: Knoxville News Sentinel
- Crews launch soil nails to stabilize I-75 landslide – Source: wbir.com
Click through for a BUNCH more!
Caldecott Tunnel 4th Bore Pipe Canopy – Source: NationalDriller April 2012 Video: China opens record-breaking bridge over canyon – Source: Telegraph via ASCE SmartBrief Piletec aids precision piling near London’s Tower Bridge – Source: New […]