That’s my lame attempt at trying to coin a new geotechnical engineering catch phrase for “Karl Terzaghi’s Birthday.” Plus it tweeted better on Friday! Saturday, October 2 was the actual day.
Every year my colleague Robert Thompson at Dan Brown and Associates (DBA) writes a little something in honor of Karl Terzaghi’s birthday. All geotechs worth their salt will know that Terzaghi is billed as being the father of soil mechanics, but what I am always impressed with when I read quotes from him is his very pragmatic and common sense approach to geotechnical engineering, sometimes even lamenting how people have taken the theoretical aspects of the profession too far. That’s the theme from Robert’s quote this year, and it certainly fits the overall theme of his website very well!
Current and previous KTBD Posts
- Happy Karl Terzaghi Birthday 2010 – Source: DBA
- Happy Birthday Karl Terzaghi! (2007) – Source: GeoPrac.net
- What happened in 2008? 🙂 Whoops.
- Happy Birthday Terzaghi! (2009) – Source: GeoPrac.net
- Terzaghi Search at Dan Brown and Associates, PLLC – Source: DBA