Bentley has several exciting PLAXIS webinars coming up. The first, is PLAXIS introduces NorSand model with creator, Mike Jefferies on Wednesday March 10 and the second is PLAXIS LE for both Civil Infrastructure and Mining Applications on Tuesday March 16. Read on for more about these exciting webinars.
Learn about the NorSand model in PLAXIS
With an increase of tailings dam failures involving liquefaction over the past two decades, the mining industry now faces a questionable future. An industry-led response involves the implementation of the NorSand model for engineers involved in tailings dams.
Joined by leading consulting engineer, Mike Jefferies, we will cover both the historical origins of the model, as well as the implementation of this important model going forward.
Users will learn about:
- Liquefaction dam failures and pitfalls
- Evolution of the critical state theory and the state parameter for the soil characterization
- Origins of NorSand
- Practical use of NorSand
Register for PLAXIS introduces NorSand model with creator, Mike Jefferies on Wednesday March 10.
What is PLAXIS LE?
The new PLAXIS V21 offers new features and consolidated functionality of PLAXIS and SOILVISION for trusted geotechnical analysis.
You can perform finite element or limited equilibrium analysis in more ways than ever before, both 2D and 3D.
Attend this webinar to learn how with PLAXIS LE you can:
- Access the feature set of SOILVISION products with simplified licensing
- Automate analysis to reduce risk and enhance project value
- Quickly define blast disturbance zones or infiltration areas with a new 3D tool
- Apply shear strength above the water table with new time-saving options
- Define parameters once in SoilVision Soils and link to many analyses
PLAXIS LE for both Civil Infrastructure and Mining Applications on Tuesday March 16
[Editor] Bentley is a sponsor of GeoPrac.net. [/Editor]