Here are some stories from May (and perhaps earlier) that are still worth a look! President Obama Tours Port of Miami Tunnel Project – Source: Tunnel Business Magazine ISSMGE e-Lexicon Translates Geotechnical Terms – Source: […]
Haiti One Year On… – Source: Natural Hazard Media Monitoring Design change to again delay Lake Mead project – Source: ReviewJournal.com via AGC SmartBrief Family member receives $100,000 for Logan, UT landslide loss – Source: […]
China: Three Gorges Dam’s image showing some cracks – Source: latimes.com via ASCE SmartBrief After the serious flooding in China this summer, Chinese officials have downgraded the design flood that they expect the dam to […]
The folks at the ASTM Committee on Concrete and Concrete Aggregate have been very busy recently. The past month has seen a whole slew of new and revised standards on concrete sampling and testing. Be sure to check it out if you are in the CQA biz.
Eco-friendly transit station a failure, officials say – Source: ASCE SmartBrief The CAD App – Source: Constructech magazine via AGC SmartBrief A company in my neck of the woods, Scottsdale, Arizona, has a software package […]
Protocols for Geologic Hazards Response by the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory – Source: USGS 40 stranded by Leadville-area mudslides – Source: KWGN via USGS Landslide Events 12 Rules for Making Better Spreadsheets – Source: Chandoo.org Most […]
Here are some interesting stories that have been piling up since I got back from vacation last week. Read carefully, there are some gems in here.
- Abolish Geology? – Source: Ed Medley
- Seattle developer wants to investigate possible use of geotextile bags to construct artificial reef to prevent flooding of proposed development – Source: The Daily World via Geosynthetica.net News
- New York City Marks Final Stage of Mining to Extend No. 7 Line – Source: WSJ.com via AGC SmartBrief
- Scientists to create the most detailed map of California coastline ever assembled – Source: San Jose Mercury News via ASCE SmartBrief
- Firefighting likely caused Oregon landslide – Source: Daily Journal of Commerce
- Mitigation of SR87 landslide continues – Source: Arizona Geology Blog
- Work starts on first tunnel for new south approach for Golden Gate Bridge – Source: ContraCostaTimes.com via ASCE SmartBrief
- TenCate Doubles Its Profit in the First Half of 2010
- India’s $100 billion (US$) highway investment – Source: Geosynthetics Magazine
- Traffic Cameras for Roadway Monitoring and Management – Source: EarthCam.net via Roads and Bridges Magazine
Cool hardware and software system for monitoring of roadway and other construction projects.
And about 20 more! Click through for the rest.
New images of the Attabad landslide – Dave’s Landslide Blog Southern California Quake Damaged Treatment and Storage Infrastructure – ENR: Engineering News Record Eyewitness Account of Chile Devastation in COPRI Blog – ASCE Team in […]
Compressed air storage of renewable energy – Arizona Geology Parsons Brinckerhoff marks 125th anniversary – CE News Tunnel bids for Crossrail – New Civil Engineer Open to the public for the first time in 145 […]