Dataforensics Releases pLog Tablet for Geotechnical and Environmental Field Data Collection
DATAFORENSICS IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THE NEXT EVOLUTION IN GEOTECHNICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL FIELD DATA COLLECTION – pLog Tablet.
Norcross, Georgia, January 2014 – Dataforensics, developer of geotechnical and geoenvironmental data management solutions, announces that pLog Tablet for Android is now available for immediate download from the Google Play store.
The evolution of pLog now allows users a new range of hardware options for field data collection, furthering the digital data collection model that Dataforensics has been a proponent of from the inception of the company 10 years ago.
This iteration of pLog greatly enhances usability by allowing users to leverage new hardware options with bigger screen sizes, faster processors, greater storage capacity, integrated GPS, and real time data sharing. (*Availability of cellular network as well as WIFI connections will determine real time capabilities).
pLog Tablet features include:
- A new, customizable user interface with greater flexibility. Customize which data collection parameters are shown in each module and in what order the items are shown
- Graphical Log Preview. The ability to view a standardized borehole log in graphical format as data is entered has been a common request from our users. That dream is now a reality as you can view the log graphically on the data collection device so you can better visualize the investigation as it is happening.
- Real-time data sharing. The ability to send the data and/or the standardized log report electronically directly from the field makes sharing data with your colleagues a simple process enabling better communication between field and office staff.
- A simpler, direct data export to gINT. Users will no longer be required to synchronize their handheld/tablet with their PC before working with their data in gINT. pLog Tablet will directly export field data to gINT, eliminating confusion for the user and simplifying installation and reducing the IT resources necessary to run the system.
- More streamlined navigation. No more tapping between screens to input a specific type of data –all data can be accessed for a particular module from one screen.
“pLog Tablet is a major milestone in the effort to move the geotechnical and geoenvironmental field personnel towards digital technology. pLog Tablet streamlines the data collection process even further to create even greater efficiencies in the process. We can’t wait for users to experience pLog Tablet” said Scott Deaton, President of Dataforensics.
pLog Tablet for Android is now available from the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dataforensics
pLog Tablet for Windows is available directly from Dataforensics.
Dataforensics is a leader in developing and deploying geotechnical and geoenvironmental software applications which help geologists, geotechnical and environmental engineers, and engineering technicians accomplish field and office work in less time, with more accuracy and with higher quality data. Dataforensics leads the digital data collection effort in geotechnical/geoenvironmental investigations and will further push the industry with pLog for Android and Windows 8.