Website links, new publications in geotechnical engineering and engineering geology and Google Earth related information can be found in this section.
From Google Maps Mania Blog:
ESRI have a number of examples of what can be achieved using their new API. Examples and reference for the API can be found here. Using the API you can:
- Display your own maps on top of a Google Maps base map.
- Execute a GIS model and display the results in Google Maps.
- Search for features in your GIS data and display the results on Google Maps.
- Find addresses using your own address locator and display the result on Google Maps.
- Display attributes from your GIS data on the map using the Google Chart API.
- Allows others to add GIS functionality from your server as a Google Mapplet.
On the surface, it seems like this news would only be of interest to GIS professionals and geeks like me. But the truth as I see it is that this development for extending the popular ArcGIS platform to the internet will lead to a whole host of new online applications and mashups that will be both fun and useful. (Screenshot by way of Mapperz)