- Compressed air storage of renewable energy – Arizona Geology
- Parsons Brinckerhoff marks 125th anniversary – CE News
- Tunnel bids for Crossrail – New Civil Engineer
- Open to the public for the first time in 145 years, Brunel and son’s ‘eighth wonder of the world’ under the Thames – Mail Online via Wally on Facebook
- Thousands at risk due to Hunza river blockade – Nation.com.pk
- The landslide at Attabad has developed seepage – Dave’s Landslide Blog
- Internet Archive: Free Download: Engineering Geology
A 1880 publication by William Henry Penning.
- Banging and Shaking Get Beat By 98 Tons of Quiet Persuasion – ENR
‘A New Orleans contractor tried and failed four times to drive sheet piles through a dense soil layer with progressively larger vibratory hammers and an impact hammer. The fifth attempt is succeeding , thanks to the right tool: a hydraulic press that slides the steel in with great force, rather than banging it down.’
- Sinkholes in Pennsylvania | Geology.com
Geology.com came accross this nice sinkhole publication from the Pennsylvania Geologic Survey.
- Landslide Lake in Northwest Pakistan : Image of the Day – NASA Earth Observatory
- Landslide on I-220 Overpass – KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana |
- Caltrans plans to close Devil’s Slide March 24 or 25 for ‘Serious’ rock removal on the cliffs above the roadway – Half Moon Bay Review